Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Looks like the Pope met with Kim Davis

Very nice.

Some of my conservative friends will say that the meeting should have been public, but I think the Pope's mission here was pastoral, and the press frenzy about such a meeting would have sucked all of the oxygen out of the room from the Pope's message of Christian charity.

It is wonderful that the Holy Father met with two very prominent victims of anti-Christian persecution in the U.S.--Davis and the Little Sisters of Mercy. 

2 comments:

  1. Davis isn't a victim of anti-Christian persecution. Suffering the consequences of your actions is not persecution. If a drink and drive, I am responsible for the consequences. If I refuse to perform my job, I am responsible for the consequences. Davis refused to perform her job. She suffered consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it appears that the "audience" with the Pope wasn't exactly as she portrayed it to be. Now, that comes as a complete surprise.

    ReplyDelete