Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcome!

This is a new blog, but I'm not new to blogging.

I began blogging four years ago for Evolution News and Views, a blog associated with the Discovery Institute, an organization for which I have deep respect and gratitude. My primary interest has been in the scientific and cultural implications of Darwinism and in the impact of militant atheism on our culture. I engaged in blog debates with quite a few atheists, Darwinists, and materialists. My interlocutors were upset with my vigorous defense of the traditional inference to design in science and with my defense of Judeo-Christian culture, and they dubbed my views "Egnorance- the Egotistical combination of Ignorance and Arrogance".

Egotistical? Maybe a bit. I try to fight it. My ignorance I freely admit. I have very much to learn. My arrogance I try to keep tame. And it may not really be arrogance; those at the vanguard of New Atheism deem arrogant anyone who unapologetically challenges their views.

This new blog gives me an opportunity to discuss issues that extend beyond that which is appropriate to Evolution News and Views.

Welcome.

1 comment:

  1. You had a mixup in your definition. It's "egotistical" and not "statistical". See http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/03/egnorance-combo-arrogance.html

    ReplyDelete